Notes on using this page
- Click fieldset legends ▼ above to toggle show/hide.
- Some controls have tooltips with details.
Line endings are standardized as LFs (
0x0A if you prefer)
to be cross-browser, including before hashing.
String.split() function is overriden and should be cross-browser compatible with
specifications (thanks to Stephen Levithan, see credits below).
Your browser's original split function remains accessible with
You can bookmark this page and automatically load scripts by adding
load=script_url GET parameters
to the current URL (
should work fine). You can also bookmark with the
#hash of the wanted control set to directly activate it on page load:
#geek_utils, #hash, #regexp, #js, #base.
You can save this page to use it locally (Mozilla users, remember to choose “Complete HTML” file type)
but the Flash copy button won't work, so only IE users will be able to click-copy.
There are some keyboard shortcuts that you may want to use:
- Ctrl + Shift + T focuses the input textarea
- Ctrl + Shift + F expands the search/replace fieldset and focuses the search textarea
- Ctrl + Shift + H expands the hash fieldset and focuses the “Hash” button
- Ctrl + Shift + B expands the base conversion fieldset and focuses the byte conversion button
- Ctrl + Shift + N expands the base conversion fieldset and focuses the base conversion button
When using the function regex/search-replace, the arguments for the functions are:
- 1: The matched expression
- 2 to n: The matched subpatterns (not applicable if not in regex mode or when applying the function to pieces)
- n+1: The offset of the matched expression/piece in the original input text
- n+2: The original input text
limitations, like lack of Unicode or lookbehind support
- As a consequence, incorrect non-ASCII character support, affecting some word-based features (title/camel case, words counting, etc.).
by Adrien Lavoillotte
is available on GitHub,
licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 France License.
Some algorithm implementations are copyrights of their respective owners (see links above).